24/7 Pediatric Care Centers has five staff members in our billing department dedicated to filing your claims accurately so that your insurance benefits are applied properly and efficiently. We’re here to help clear up any uncertainty you have about your coverage!
To help guide you through our billing process, the department has offered a few suggestions to ensure you will receive the full benefit of your insurance coverage.
Before Your Appointment
- Review your insurance policy to make sure you understand your benefits and your plan’s requirements, including the patient responsibility amount that may be due at the time of the appointment. This amount may be in the form of a co-pay, co-insurance or any unmet deductible.
- Co-Pay– Amount paid by patient at each visit, as defined by the insured plan.
- Co-Insurance– Percentage or amount defined in the insurance plan for which the patient is responsible. Most plans have a ratio of 90/10% or 80/20%, 70/30%, and so on. The insurance carrier is responsible for the first amount and the patient for the second amount.
- Deductible– Amount patient must pay before insurance coverage begins. For example, a patient could have a $1,000 deductible per year before his or her health insurance begins paying. Reaching your deductible amount could mean that you pay for several doctor’s visits and/or prescriptions before your insurance plan becomes responsible for payment.
- Confirm that 24/7 Pediatric Care Centers is a contracted provider of services for your plan.
- If your plan requires that you have an assigned primary care physician (PCP), be sure that one of our physicians is listed as your assigned PCP.
After Your Appointment
Statements are mailed to patients who have any outstanding balance after claims are filed. If there are any questions regarding these balances, we encourage you to contact our billing department. We’re more than happy to provide you with specific claims details.
Hours and Location
The department is located on the second floor of the Beaches office and is available from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday to assist you with any billing questions. Simply call the office and ask for billing.