In recent months the Consumer Product Safety Commission has recalled multiple items involving cribs. Most of the recalls were due to suffocation of infants. We want to make sure your little one has safe and incident free slumber and provide a few tips for crib safety.
- Infants should never be placed to sleep with their face down. Either lay them in the crib facing you, or on their side.
- To avoid the potential for suffocation, you should not place stuffed animals, plush toys, soft bedding, pillows in the crib with your child.
- Consider using Easy Breathe Mesh bumpers rather than traditional bumpers.
- There should be no more than 2 finger length of space between the mattress and the crib.
- Remove all plastic from the mattresses, including plastic mattress covers.
- Be sure to sheet covers should be pulled taut.
Please visit the American Academy of Pediatrics website for more information on crib safety and recent recalls.