Are you accepting new patients?
Yes, all three Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, and Fleming Island locations are always accepting new patients.
What insurances do you accept?
- We accept all major private insurance companies including Aetna, AvMed, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Cigna, Humana and United Health Care.
- We also take the following Medicaid plans: First Coast Advantage, Sunshine State, Medipass, Pedi-care (title 19 & 21) and United Health Care.
- Please feel free to call our office to confirm your specific insurance.
We currently participate with the following insurances:
Coventry Health Care of Florida
Molina Complete Care
Sunshine Health Plan
Florida Healthy Kids
- 1-888-540-KIDS (5437)
24/7 KidCare Coupon Book
- See our front desk or call 904-249-3373
Will I be seeing a Doctor or a Nurse Practitioner?
That depends on the day and time of the appointment. We are always happy to schedule your appointment with the provider of your choice.
What do I need to bring with me?
Please bring the following items to your first visit:
- Valid Driver License, passport or identification card
- Insurance Card
- Shot Records – we will have you sign a medical release form for the rest of the patient’s records. This will help us avoid unnecessary delays.
- Newborns – Discharge paperwork from the hospital and proof of the Hep B vaccination if received at the hospital.
I know the office is open 24/7 but what time do you schedule regular office appointments?
Appointments with medical providers are available from 7:30 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. Well visits and sports physicals are scheduled until 6:00 p.m.
For my child’s first appointment can a relative or friend bring them in?
For the first visit, we do require a parent or legal guardian to accompany the patient. After we have established your child as a patient, a written letter on file from the parent allowing someone else to bring the patient is accepted.
Up to what age do you see patients?
Established patients can be seen up to 21 years of age. Any new patient must be under the age of 18 years.
Do you have the necessary forms for school enrollment?
We have the standard physical and immunizations forms; often called the “Blue and Yellow forms” which are provided by the state. If your school requires any additional forms please bring them with you to your appointment.
Do you have a cancellation policy?
We would appreciate a 24-hour notice to cancel appointments. If you have made an appointment the same day, please give us reasonable amount of notice, which will allow us to fill the appointment time with another sick child. Although we do not charge for missed appointments we do have a very strict “no show policy” for those who habitually miss scheduled appointments.
Does the doctor go to the hospital when the baby is born?
We do not see newborns at the hospital. There will be a neonatologist at the hospital that will be treating your baby. The hospital will require you to have an appointment set up with your pediatrician before being discharged. As soon as you received a discharge date call us for your first appointment.