What is a Patient-Centered Medical Home?
The Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) model is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communications, leading to higher quality and lower costs. The goal is to improve patients’ and providers’ experience of care. Emphasis is on aligning patient preferences with payer and provider capabilities.
Your Personal Physician
The relationship between you, your physician, and the care team (clinic staff) is the driving force behind a Patient-Centered Medical Home. Your physician will provide medical care that is right for you based on evidence-based clinical guidelines and national quality standards shown to improve health.
Your Care Team
Your physician will direct the care team to coordinate your care based on your wants and needs. To improve efficiency, the team will plan for your appointment by reviewing your medical chart for up-to-date forms, check for recent testing, and ensure you are notified of results in a timely manner. The care team will work with you and any outside providers/facilities to effectively coordinate your healthcare across all specialties, including behavioral health. Your care team will make sure your appointment is timely, provide the specialists with your care summary before your appointment, and obtain the specialists’ recommendations after your appointment. If you are admitted to the hospital, 24/7 Pediatric Care Centers will upon discharge, review your hospital stay, make sure you return for follow-up care, and discuss any questions or concerns you may have about your treatment or medications.
Meet our team.
In return, we ask that you continue to be an active participant in your health care. We ask you to take charge of your health by responsibly managing and monitoring aspects of your care. You can help by providing us with a comprehensive medical history and informing your care team of any care that you have received outside of the practice. In addition, being prepared and on time for your appointment and bringing a list of your medications and questions, following the care plan your physician has developed for you, and letting your physician know when you can’t.
We are here when you need us; 24/7 Pediatric Care Centers provides 24-hour services for non-life-threatening illnesses, from doctors you know and trust. This elevated level of service ranges from standard pediatric care during the day to IV therapy through the night. These services benefit everyone – we provide exceptional care, parents and patients are spared visits to the emergency room at 2 a.m., kids are comfortable in the office they know, and insurance companies and families don’t have to pay expensive hospital bills!
Our three convenient locations offer the following office hours to registered patients:
- Jacksonville: Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Jacksonville Beach: Open 7 a.m. – 8 p.m., Monday – Friday and on weekends from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Fleming Island: Open 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Monday – Friday
Quality for You
Our PCMH is committed to providing same day appointments and offering expanded hours to meet your needs. We will use our electronic medical record, Greenway, to support the best care, quality, and safety by helping us to identify and provide for your needs and the needs of our entire patient population. Additionally, we are able to contact you via electronic reminders for appointments, preventative, and chronic care services.
Full Range of Pediatric Services
The practice is concerned with the whole-person care; from well-baby visits through adolescence, your child will receive the highest standards of care in a cheerful, friendly environment at all of our 24/7 Pediatric Care Centers locations.
- Comprehensive pediatric services for newborns through adolescents
- Well examinations and immunizations
- Illness care and acute illness management
- Laboratory testing such as flu tests, strep tests and blood work
- Respiratory monitoring and breathing treatments for asthma
- Administration of IV fluids and medications
- Overnight observation
- Sight and hearing exams
- Minor laceration suturing
- Body mass index
- ADD/ADHD check-ups
- Coordination of Behavioral Health Services
24/7 Kid Care
- Well and Sick Pediatrician Visits for 50% Less
- Introducing 24/7 KidCare, allowing you to prepay for your children’s pediatric visits, saving you 50 percent off normal office rates.
- While NOT an insurance plan, 24/7 KidCare offers prepaid services coupons that cover pediatric well visits, sick and recheck visits, vaccinations, lab work performed in the office and overnight care.
- These coupon booklets are available to parents, grandparents, employers or anyone who wants to prepay and save on quality pediatric health services. All services are rendered by the staff any of our locations in Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach and Fleming Island.
- 24/7 Pediatric Care Centers provides equal access for all patients accepted in the practice. Our office would be happy to provide information to you about potential sources of insurance coverage.