Summer is a particularly fun time of the year here in Northeast Florida. We hope all of our families have enjoyed the many recreational activities available here at home or away on vacation.
Now that August has arrived and school is about to open, we’re looking forward to seeing you at any of our 24/7 Pediatric Care Centers offices for school physicals and vaccinations. Area schools require that medical paperwork and exams be carried out before Day 1 of the school year. In addition, vaccinations must be up to date and documented for your child’s school record. We have all the proper forms you need for schools in our area. Please make an appointment as soon as possible so the return to school is a worry-free experience for your family.
More Tips for Return to School
Is your child interested in taking up a new sport? If so, now is a good time to discuss with the pediatrician which sports are right for your children’s age and development level. Participation in some sports may require paperwork for us to fill out for your school or team. More issues you might want to discuss include:
- Age-appropriate exercise and physical activity recommendations
- Necessary protective equipment for a sport
- When to call the pediatrician about bumps and bruises on the field or court
All-around Health for Back to School
Are your child’s tooth-brushing skills up to par? Do your children remember to wash their hands frequently throughout the day? Do they remember to drink water before, during or after playing out in the hot sun?
Here are some tips to remind your children about good health habits:
- Brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes at each session.
- Wash hands with soap and water after outdoor play, before eating and after using the toilet.
- Take a drink of water whenever you are feeling hot and/or thirsty.
- Eat the food in your lunch box or school lunch!
We wish you a wonderful 2016-2017 school year! Please don’t hesitate to call us at 24/7 Pediatric Care Centers if you have any questions about required school paperwork or exams.